060. Advanced Life Coaching Skills and How to Grow Your Coaching Business
The field of professional Christian coaching continues to be a growing opportunity to partner with others in transforming lives, especially during these challenging times. However, maybe the idea of starting a thriving coaching practice seems overwhelming to you. Or it might be more difficult and take you longer to obtain additional clients than you imagined. Whether you are beginning your business or have been coaching for years, this interactive intensive will equip you with key resources and the best researched coaching practices. In addition, you will learn how to continually refine the essential core coaching competencies to grow into a masterful coach with a thriving practice.
- Discuss the importance of integrating biblical views into professional Christian coaching
- Refine and build basic and advanced coaching skills (e.g., this session will include role-playing, reviewing research, and case studies)
- Learn practical strategies for marketing and building a client base and distinguish how to avoid the main reasons why life coaching practices fail
- Identify similarities and distinctions in group and team coaching and how they build your coaching practice
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to best handle challenging clients
- Analyze how to create an effective coaching contract or agreement with your clients, along with key elements to include
- Explore different business systems critical to coaching that will enable you to launch and grow your coaching practice
- Identify key obstacles that hinder a client’s ability to change and how to help the client to move past them
- Learn the ICCA Christian Coaching Competencies and the ICCA Code of Ethics
- Explore the different coaching models and how to incorporate them into your coaching
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Scientific research has determined that experience changes brain structure and function. Beginning before conception, continuing in utero and throughout life, this workshop will explore how environment, experience, and...
070. Hope-focused Suicide Prevention: Risk Assessment Tools, Intervention Skills, and Survivor Support
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Suicide is a major public health issue in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), suicide rates rose 33% between 1999 and 2019. It is critical for all psychologists, licensed mental health...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary The COVID-19 pandemic and the cumulative trauma of the last few years have created a mental health crisis. The next wave of the pandemic will be one of mental health. Licensed mental health professionals will need to be...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Attachment theory holds tremendous potential in the case of conceptualization and treatment of various forms of psychopathology, including childhood problems, relationship conflicts, chronic depression, anxiety disorders,...
030. Addiction, Substance Abuse, and Compulsive Behavior: Assessment, Treatment, and Effective Tools for Recovery
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Addiction and other compulsive behaviors have devastating effects on individuals, families, communities, and cultures. Biological, psychological, social, and spiritual dimensions of persons are involved in the progression...
022. Rising Together: Christian Counselors and Clergy Serving as Human Rights Advocates for Communities of Color
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Recent data suggest an increase in the number of African-Americans seeking therapy. There are also reports that African-Americans are terminating therapy early. Additional research is needed to understand both the increase...