050. Providing Trauma-informed Care in the Shadow of a Global Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic and the cumulative trauma of the last few years have created a mental health crisis. The next wave of the pandemic will be one of mental health. Licensed mental health professionals will need to be prepared to provide specialized trauma-informed care for those they serve. During this intensive, a participant will be able to identify symptoms of trauma and how they manifest in a therapeutic setting. The participant will be able to learn how to assess and diagnose correctly for trauma and then apply appropriate treatment models. Furthermore, participants will obtain practical tools with creating a safe environment for a client who has experienced trauma and be introduced to “Story-informed Trauma Therapy” and how to implement a “Trauma Stewardship” plan.
- Analyze the vast traumatic impact of the pandemic on children, adolescents, and adults
- Outline how trauma presents in the therapeutic setting
- Identify various types of trauma that impact individuals
- Develop assessment tools and expanded knowledge to appropriately diagnose PTSD
- Contrast different treatment concerns for trauma clients versus non-trauma clients
- Recognize specific ways to establish a safe therapeutic healing environment
- Outline administrative issues specific to trauma treatment
- Develop practical therapeutic tools for engaging clients around trauma
- Describe the “Story-informed Trauma Therapy” as an effective therapeutic model for trauma treatment
- Utilize a “Trauma Stewardship” plan to encourage therapeutic self-care for licensed mental health professionals
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Scientific research has determined that experience changes brain structure and function. Beginning before conception, continuing in utero and throughout life, this workshop will explore how environment, experience, and...
070. Hope-focused Suicide Prevention: Risk Assessment Tools, Intervention Skills, and Survivor Support
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Suicide is a major public health issue in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), suicide rates rose 33% between 1999 and 2019. It is critical for all psychologists, licensed mental health...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary The field of professional Christian coaching continues to be a growing opportunity to partner with others in transforming lives, especially during these challenging times. However, maybe the idea of starting a thriving...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Attachment theory holds tremendous potential in the case of conceptualization and treatment of various forms of psychopathology, including childhood problems, relationship conflicts, chronic depression, anxiety disorders,...
030. Addiction, Substance Abuse, and Compulsive Behavior: Assessment, Treatment, and Effective Tools for Recovery
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Addiction and other compulsive behaviors have devastating effects on individuals, families, communities, and cultures. Biological, psychological, social, and spiritual dimensions of persons are involved in the progression...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary There are no perfect marriages, and all relationships contain sin and suffering. However, the training counselors and pastors receive to help troubled couples does not specifically address domestic abuse issues nor identify...