307: Imposter Syndrome: Timely Insights and Proven Strategies to Address One of the Nation’s Most Overlooked Mental Health Issues
Each year, thousands of people seek help from psychologists and licensed mental health professionals for their low self-esteem and confidence. Though not a formal diagnosis in the DSM-5-TR, some of the most famous public figures in the world have displayed symptoms of “Imposter Syndrome,” or the feeling that a person does not deserve the position or responsibility they have been given. In this workshop, participants will be able to identify the symptoms and types of Imposter Syndrome and how they affect the client’s daily life. The presenter will describe the causes and societal issues that have created some of the symptoms of Imposter Syndrome. Also, the presenter will highlight recent scientific research, proven evidence-based treatment strategies, and emerging approaches for those who suffer from Imposter Syndrome.
- Identify Impostor Syndrome symptoms, types, and common triggers and recognize the high cost of Impostor Syndrome on individuals’ quality of life
- Assess hidden causes and catalysts of Impostor Syndrome and determine how modern-day challenges (e.g., COVID-19, economy, racial inequality, etc.), pressures, and complications contribute to Impostor Syndrome
- Develop strategies and establish a toolbox of techniques to help clients of psychologists and licensed mental health professionals cope with and combat Impostor Syndrome to feel more successful and fulfilled at work and in life
070. Hope-focused Suicide Prevention: Risk Assessment Tools, Intervention Skills, and Survivor Support
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Suicide is a major public health issue in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), suicide rates rose 33% between 1999 and 2019. It is critical for all psychologists, licensed mental health...
060. Advanced Life Coaching Skills and How to Grow Your Coaching Business
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary The field of professional Christian coaching continues to be a growing opportunity to partner with others in transforming lives, especially during these challenging times. However, maybe the idea of starting a thriving...
040. Attachment-based Intervention Specialist Training
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Attachment theory holds tremendous potential in the case of conceptualization and treatment of various forms of psychopathology, including childhood problems, relationship conflicts, chronic depression, anxiety disorders,...
030. Addiction, Substance Abuse, and Compulsive Behavior: Assessment, Treatment, and Effective Tools for Recovery
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Addiction and other compulsive behaviors have devastating effects on individuals, families, communities, and cultures. Biological, psychological, social, and spiritual dimensions of persons are involved in the progression...
022. Rising Together: Christian Counselors and Clergy Serving as Human Rights Advocates for Communities of Color
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Recent data suggest an increase in the number of African-Americans seeking therapy. There are also reports that African-Americans are terminating therapy early. Additional research is needed to understand both the increase...
020. Practical Tools to Thrive Against Anxiety and Stress in Challenging Times
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary We live in a time of political unrest, violence, economic instability, and loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consequently, Americans report high levels of prolonged stress and anxiety. This workshop will present a...