October 10-12, 2024
ANATOLE HOTEL // DALLAS TEXAS
COUNSELING // COACHING // RECOVERY // MARRIAGE AND FAMILY
First Liberty Institute
Gregory L. Jantz, Ph.D
The Center • A Place of HOPE
Senior Pastor of New Season Church
Leslie Vernick, M.S.W.
Leslie Vernick & Co
Jennifer Ellers, M.A.
Shannae Anderson, PH.D.
Zach Clinton, M.A.
Ron Hawkins, Ed.D., D.Min.
DR. Tim Clinton, Ed.D.
and more to come!
Preconference Workshops Preview
Thursday, October 10th
Morning workshops // 8:30 - 11:45 AM
005. Ethics and Advocacy in the Christian Counseling Profession
David Jenkins, Psy.D., and Shannae Anderson, Ph.D.
006. Bounce: Faith-based Tools to Build Resilience in a Stressed, Anxious, and Traumatized World
Donna Gibbs, Ph.D.
007. Christian Faith in Clinical Practice: Implicit and Explicit Integration
Mercy Connors, Ph.D., and Megan Clunan, Ph.D.
008. Neurotheology and Counseling: How Spirituality Shapes the Brain
Ron Hawkins, Ed.D., D.Min., and Ian Jones, Ph.D., Ph.D.
009. Front Stage/Back Stage: External Success Requires Internal Health
Johnny Parker, D.S.L., and Lezlyn Parker, B.A.
010. Coaching Techniques for Post-traumatic Growth
Georgia Shaffer, M.A.
011. Shattered No More: Hope and Healing for Survivors of Complex Trauma
Heather Gingrich, Ph.D.
012. Seeing Red: Anger Management 2.0
Gary J. Oliver, Th.M., Ph.D.
013. The Deepest Place: Suffering and the Formation of Hope
Curt Thompson, M.D.
Afternoon Workshops // 1:45 - 5:00 pM
016. When Grief and Trauma Meet: Support and Recovery Strategies for Individuals and Families Facing Sudden Unexpected Death
Jennifer Ellers, M.A., and Kevin Ellers, D.Min.
017. Sport and Performance Psychology: Helping Clients Achieve Peak Performance
Zach Clinton, M.A., and Ed Garrett, Psy.D.
018. How to Start a Mental Health or Recovery Support Group in Your Local Church
John Eklund, M.S.W.
019. Implicit Bias and Cultural Competency in Mental Healthcare
Mark Crear, Ph.D., and Elias Moitinho, Ph.D.
020. Best Practices for Mental and Emotional Health Coaching
Catherine Hart Weber, Ph.D., and Sylvia Hart Frejd, D.Min.
021. Helping Couples Win: Coaching Techniques for Increased Marital Satisfaction
Ted Cunningham, M.A.C.E.
022. Recent Advances on Faith in Therapy: Anchoring Our Mental Healthcare in Christ
Siang-Yang Tan, Ph.D.
023. The Prevention and Treatment of Stress and Anxiety: Evidence-based Practices for Individuals and Couples
Linda Mintle, Ph.D.
024. Compulsive Sexual Behavior Disorder: Assessment and Treatment
Jim Cress, M.A.
Specialization Counselor Training
and Coaching Intensives
Thursday – Saturday, October 10-12
030. Attachment-based Intervention Specialist Training: Level 2
Gary Sibcy, Ph.D., and Sharon May, Ph.D.
040. Coaching the Whole Person: Training in the Townsend Coaching Model
John Townsend, Ph.D., Michelle Thompson, M.S., PCC, Jill Bjorndahl-Jay, Ph.D., PCC, Patti Cotton, M.A., PCC, and Gilbert Fugitt, Ed.D., ACC
050. Practical Neurotheology: Treating the Mind, Body, and Soul
Karl Benzio, M.D., and Timothy L. Jennings, M.D.
060. Christ-centered Narrative Therapy in Treating Trauma
Eric Johnson, Ph.D., and Nicolene Joubert, Ph.D.