301: Heart to Heart: Difficult Family Conversations with Life-changing Results
One of the most challenging relational skills is learning how to effectively engage someone in a difficult and confrontational conversation that identifies the differences between their two perspectives. However, this leadership feat creates temporary tension in a relationship to attain a deeper understanding of each other. To mutually agree to go into the unknown and process areas of disagreement will either strengthen the relationship or clarify the true state of what both are experiencing.
- Identify the difficulties and resistances associated with having heart-to-heart conversations with others
- Discuss issues that necessitate heart-to-heart interactions, which encourages participants to follow through on these necessary social interactions
- Explore ground rules regarding having positive heart-to-heart conversations with peers, supervisors, or those they lead
070. Hope-focused Suicide Prevention: Risk Assessment Tools, Intervention Skills, and Survivor Support
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Suicide is a major public health issue in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), suicide rates rose 33% between 1999 and 2019. It is critical for all psychologists, licensed mental health...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary The field of professional Christian coaching continues to be a growing opportunity to partner with others in transforming lives, especially during these challenging times. However, maybe the idea of starting a thriving...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Attachment theory holds tremendous potential in the case of conceptualization and treatment of various forms of psychopathology, including childhood problems, relationship conflicts, chronic depression, anxiety disorders,...
030. Addiction, Substance Abuse, and Compulsive Behavior: Assessment, Treatment, and Effective Tools for Recovery
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Addiction and other compulsive behaviors have devastating effects on individuals, families, communities, and cultures. Biological, psychological, social, and spiritual dimensions of persons are involved in the progression...
022. Rising Together: Christian Counselors and Clergy Serving as Human Rights Advocates for Communities of Color
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Recent data suggest an increase in the number of African-Americans seeking therapy. There are also reports that African-Americans are terminating therapy early. Additional research is needed to understand both the increase...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary We live in a time of political unrest, violence, economic instability, and loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consequently, Americans report high levels of prolonged stress and anxiety. This workshop will present a...