108: The Role of Emotional and Relational Intelligence in Cultivating a Mentally, Emotionally, and Spiritually Healthy Congregation
If God’s purpose for us as church leaders, pastors, pastoral counselors, lay counselors, and coaches is to help our people “become conformed to the Image His Son,” then what might that look like? What does it mean to “grow in Christ” and become a “mature” Christian? What impact should sanctification have on our moods, behaviors, and thought patterns? What might Christlikeness look like in our emotional, relational, mental, and spiritual lives? Starting with a sound biblical and theological foundation, this workshop will look at specific and very practical ways that the emerging science of Emotional and Relational Intelligence (ERQ) and recent developments in Interpersonal Neurobiology can help us more effectively impact our congregation in the process of looking, living, and loving more like our Lord Jesus Christ and better fulfill the clarion call of Christ in John 12:34-35.
- Discuss the practical implications of a meaningfully Biblical Anthropology, Christology, and Soteriology in the process of helping people change and grow
- Illustrate the core distinctives of Emotional and Relational Intelligence (ERI) for a pastor, pastoral counselor, lay counselor, or coach—what it is, what it isn’t, why it is important, and how it relates to personal, interpersonal, and spiritual maturity—in the context of the Great Commandment
- Identify specific ways that a theology of relationships and spiritual disciplines can be used to help dismantle dysfunctional patterns, identify growth potential, and compliment any church ministry
070. Hope-focused Suicide Prevention: Risk Assessment Tools, Intervention Skills, and Survivor Support
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Suicide is a major public health issue in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), suicide rates rose 33% between 1999 and 2019. It is critical for all psychologists, licensed mental health...
060. Advanced Life Coaching Skills and How to Grow Your Coaching Business
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary The field of professional Christian coaching continues to be a growing opportunity to partner with others in transforming lives, especially during these challenging times. However, maybe the idea of starting a thriving...
040. Attachment-based Intervention Specialist Training
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Attachment theory holds tremendous potential in the case of conceptualization and treatment of various forms of psychopathology, including childhood problems, relationship conflicts, chronic depression, anxiety disorders,...