102: The End of Mental Illness
This workshop will discard an outdated, stigmatizing paradigm and replace it with a modern, brain-based, whole-person program rooted in science and hope. Based on the world’s largest functional brain imaging database, Dr. Amen will present an entirely new way to think about and treat issues such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorders, ADHD, addictions, OCD, PTSD, schizophrenia, and even personality disorders. Based on the unique Amen Clinics 4 Circles BRIGHT MINDS program, which teaches that to have a healthy mind, someone must first have a healthy brain, and, to do that, you must optimize the four circles of whole life (biological, psychological, social, and spiritual) and prevent or treat the 11 major risk factors that damage the brain and steal your client’s mind. Participants will be able to identify five different SPECT patterns that can be seen to help diagnose and inform treatment decisions for clients. Once a psychologist or licensed mental health professional teaches clients to optimize the four circles and prevent or treat the 11 risk factors, their brains, minds, and lives will be healthier.
- Identify five reasons why the term, “mental illness,” is stigmatizing, outdated, and does more harm than good
- Discuss how to assess the 11 BRIGHT MINDS Risk Factors involved in brain health/mental health issues
- Describe the five brain SPECT patterns that help diagnose and inform treatment decisions from a psychologist or licensed mental health professional
070. Hope-focused Suicide Prevention: Risk Assessment Tools, Intervention Skills, and Survivor Support
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Suicide is a major public health issue in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), suicide rates rose 33% between 1999 and 2019. It is critical for all psychologists, licensed mental health...
060. Advanced Life Coaching Skills and How to Grow Your Coaching Business
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary The field of professional Christian coaching continues to be a growing opportunity to partner with others in transforming lives, especially during these challenging times. However, maybe the idea of starting a thriving...
040. Attachment-based Intervention Specialist Training
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Attachment theory holds tremendous potential in the case of conceptualization and treatment of various forms of psychopathology, including childhood problems, relationship conflicts, chronic depression, anxiety disorders,...