101: Emerging Gender Identities Among Youth
This workshop will address trends in care for minors who experience diverse gender identities. The presenter will discuss transgender experiences and emerging gender identities, such as gender non-binary, pangender, graygender, gender expansive experiences, and controversies in care for youth today, such as the use of puberty blockers, medical transition, and late-onset cases. We will also discuss Christian considerations of the code of ethics for psychologists and other mental health practitioners when counseling Christian youth and their families as we strive for what is best practice when working with youth navigating gender identity and faith.
- List and describe three explanatory frameworks for understanding gender identity, transgender experiences, and emerging gender identities.
- Identify three areas of current controversy in care for minors as described in the Code of Ethics for the APA, ACA, and AACC.
- Develop strategies for working with families in which a young person experiences gender identity questions.
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary The focus of this workshop will be on “moral injury” in the setting of moderate to severe trauma. Moral injury is a relatively new term in the psychological world, although it is closely related to what used to be called...
018. Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders: Effective Strategies Based on Neurobiologically-informed Treatment
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary A large part of clinical work with individuals, couples, and families involves frustrating situations where clients diagnosed with personality disorders make the same mistakes repetitively and thereby cause much pain and...
007. When Loving Him is Hurting You: Hope and Help for Women Dealing with Narcissism and Emotional Abuse
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary We live in a “me-centered” culture, with many selfishly asserting their “rights” and powering over others in the process. This epidemic of selfishness, entitlement, and emotional immaturity fuels narcissism and marital...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary This workshop will discard an outdated, stigmatizing paradigm and replace it with a modern, brain-based, whole-person program rooted in science and hope. Based on the world’s largest functional brain imaging database, Dr....
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Pornography, adultery, addictions, and abuse destroy marital trust. Reconciliation is always the hoped for goal. But what are the specific steps needed to rebuild broken trust? What are the therapeutic and personal mile...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary One of the key challenges for psychologists and licensed mental health professionals in trauma processing is adequately pacing the work to allow for maximum client functioning, minimizing the risk of suicidality, avoiding...