016. How to Start and Manage a Mental Health Ministry in Your Church Copy
Most people are affected by mental illness—some because of their own diagnosis, some because a close family member has an illness, and many more because they regularly interact with people who have mental disorders. Churches and ministries are usually the first places people go for help in addressing a mental health problem. Yet, many ministry leaders do not know how to respond or fail to recognize the opportunity to provide critical support. In this workshop, Dr. Stanford will provide understanding for mental health coaches, pastors, pastoral counselors, and lay counselors on developing and growing a successful mental health ministry within your faith community.
- Recognize how churches are uniquely positioned to minister to individuals impacted by chronic mental illness through pastoral counselors, lay counselors, pastors, and coaches
- Identify characteristics of successful mental health ministries and understand how living with mental illness affects individuals and their families
- Describe how churches of any size can have an impactful and thriving mental health ministry
018. Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders: Effective Strategies Based on Neurobiologically-informed Treatment
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary A large part of clinical work with individuals, couples, and families involves frustrating situations where clients diagnosed with personality disorders make the same mistakes repetitively and thereby cause much pain and...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Most people are affected by mental illness—some because of their own diagnosis, some because a close family member has an illness, and many more because they regularly interact with people who have mental disorders....
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary This workshop is on Narrative Sexual Identity Therapy, a client-centered, identity-focused approach to navigating conflicts between one’s same-sex sexuality and religious identity. Christians who struggle with a conflict...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary When is the issue not the issue? When the issue is sex or money. Both of these hallmark causes of conflict in marriage are seen frequently by couple-helpers, and both are commonly misunderstood as being too specialized (or...
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Traumatized adolescents need a therapeutic experience that is physically, emotionally, and spiritually safe with a psychologist or licensed mental health professional. The therapeutic distance and kinesthetic nature of...
009. Spirit and Scripture: Understanding and Utilizing these Resources for Attaining and Maintaining Mental Health
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Engaging the Scripture and the spiritual dimension are foundational to a biblical Christian approach to soul care and counseling for pastoral counselors, lay counselors, and coaches. This workshop will examine the biblical...