005. Future Minded Ethics: A Clinical Christian Counseling Update
In a constantly changing world, a psychologist or licensed mental health professional must be prepared for new ethical considerations that they will inevitably face in the helping profession. Ethical codes from the APA, ACA, and the AACC have all tried to offer guidance to the psychologist or licensed mental health professional on anticipating, mitigating, and resolving ethical dilemmas in practice. In this workshop, these three codes will be compared and contrasted to help psychologists and licensed mental health professionals make the best decisions for their clients and themselves. Documentation will be discussed as an avenue for displaying ethical practice through various safeguards and updates to the typical forms used in the helping professions. Certain new mandates, such as the No Surprises Act, will be explained, and ways to adhere to these mandates will be discussed. Lastly, the results of certain court decisions, such as the Supreme Court Decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, will be analyzed, and recommendations on modifying counseling practices based on these cases will be provided.
- Compare and contrast the APA, ACA, and AACC Codes of Ethics for psychologists and licensed mental health professionals
- Describe how documentation and various forms can be used as safeguards in ethical dilemmas
- Develop forms that comply with new mandates, such as the No Surprises Act
- Analyze and discuss implications of recent court decisions, such as the Supreme Court decision in the Dobbs’ abortion case
070. Hope-focused Suicide Prevention: Risk Assessment Tools, Intervention Skills, and Survivor Support
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Suicide is a major public health issue in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), suicide rates rose 33% between 1999 and 2019. It is critical for all psychologists, licensed mental health...
060. Advanced Life Coaching Skills and How to Grow Your Coaching Business
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary The field of professional Christian coaching continues to be a growing opportunity to partner with others in transforming lives, especially during these challenging times. However, maybe the idea of starting a thriving...
040. Attachment-based Intervention Specialist Training
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Attachment theory holds tremendous potential in the case of conceptualization and treatment of various forms of psychopathology, including childhood problems, relationship conflicts, chronic depression, anxiety disorders,...
030. Addiction, Substance Abuse, and Compulsive Behavior: Assessment, Treatment, and Effective Tools for Recovery
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Addiction and other compulsive behaviors have devastating effects on individuals, families, communities, and cultures. Biological, psychological, social, and spiritual dimensions of persons are involved in the progression...
022. Rising Together: Christian Counselors and Clergy Serving as Human Rights Advocates for Communities of Color
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary Recent data suggest an increase in the number of African-Americans seeking therapy. There are also reports that African-Americans are terminating therapy early. Additional research is needed to understand both the increase...
021. Identifying and Treating Moral Injury in the Setting of Trauma Copy
PRESENTERSCREDENTIALSCE CREDITSLEVELSummary The focus of this workshop will be on “moral injury” in the setting of moderate to severe trauma. Moral injury is a relatively new term in the psychological world, although it is closely related to what used to be called...