Continuing Education Hours
Continuing Education Hours
The American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) offers some psychologists, therapists and counselors Continuing Education (CE) credit due to good standing with a limited number of professional organizations.
- The American Association of Christian Counselors is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The American Association of Christian Counselors maintains responsibility for this program and its content. These presentations, which address religious orientation, cultural competencies, evidence-based approaches, etc., are suitable for equipping psychologists in their counseling, consultation, and training practices with local churches, clergy members, and faith-based organizations who are providing mental health resources and programs for congregants and their communities.
- THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CHRISTIAN COUNSELORS HAS BEEN APPROVED BY NBCC AS AN APPROVED CONTINUING EDUCATION PROVIDER, ACEP No. 1400. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The American Association of Christian Counselors is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), #1400, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: (09/06/2017 to 09/06/2020). Licensed social workers should contact their individual regulatory boards to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Any presentation that is less than 50 minutes in duration is not approved by the ASWB for continuing education credits. (Plenary sessions do not meet ASWB standards).
- The AACC offers continuing education credit for play therapists through the Association of Play Therapy (APT Approved Provider #14-373), so long as the training element is specifically applicable to the practice of play therapy.
- The AACC is approved by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC), #166470, as an Approved Education Provider and is recognized as meeting natioanlly approved standards of education developed for the addiction/substance use disorders in the counseling profession. CE contact hours that are provided will be accepted toward national credentialing by NAADAC and many of the individual state licensing and certification bodies, as well. Please check with your state for further information and authorization.
It remains the responsibility of each participant to be aware of state licensure requirements. *Participants should check their state and/or local regulations* regarding required continuing education hours.